ANST - tangent on rider/warrior thread

C Scot Henry henrycs at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 30 20:46:20 PDT 1998

My lord (whose interest is the history and philosophy of science -
basically how cultures affect science and vice versa) and I (elementary
teacher by training and desire with some exposure to gang influences on
children/teens) have often had a similar discussion comparing modern gangs
with Scottish (being the most well-known example) clans.   I have also
wondered at how well the SCA would work as a sort of rehabilitation group
for gang members (past and present).  They can get out aggressive feelings
and meet the need for competition through fighting and would have a similar
"family" structure and mentality, especially if able to join a household.
Learning the skills, arts, ideals, etc. of the SCA would help them become
better, more well-rounded people, show them that they can have a future
and make them more socially/legally  acceptable.
So, what do you good gentles think about this?

Forever and always,
Lady Capricia