ANST - Pre-War Preps

Alexis drwise at
Sat Mar 7 15:43:02 PST 1998

Dennis and/or Dory Grace wrote:


> When I said "speed rivets," I meant the hollow, two piece rivets that you
> hammer together (also available--in a range of sizes--from Tandy Leather
> stores and most tack and saddle stores).  They're useful for holding
> leather to leather or leather to metal.  For these, you need a hammer and
> an anvil of sorts (for mobile repairs, I usually take along a ball-pean
> hammer and a John Henry--I use the head of the John Henry as my anvil for
> replacing speed rivets).
> lo vostre por vos servir
> Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

Sir Lyonel, I have to ask, doesn't it really hurt when you take a hammer
to your 'John Henry'?  I know I try and keep mine well protected.

Go to to perform mailing list tasks.

More information about the Ansteorra mailing list