ANST - Scribal Humor

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Mon Mar 16 07:23:26 PST 1998

Aquilanne, "Denouncer of Tytyvyllus", should particularly appreciate
a bit of humor I recently received.

Warning: this is humor based upon religion. If such offends, please
delete and continue...

There was a Pope who was greatly loved by all of his followers,
a man who led with gentleness, faith and wisdom.  His passing was
grieved by the entire world, Catholic or not. As the Pope approached
the gates of heaven, it was Saint Peter who greeted him in a firm
embrace.

   "Welcome, your holiness, your dedication and unselfishness in
serving your fellow man during your life has earned you great
stature in heaven.
   You may pass through the gates without delay and are granted free
access to all parts of heaven.
   You are also granted an open door policy and may at your own
discretion meet with any heavenly leader, including the Father,
without prior appointment.
   Is there anything which your holiness desires?"

   "Well, yes," the Pope replied. "I have often pondered some of the
mysteries which have puzzled and confounded theologians through the
ages. Are there perhaps any transcripts which recorded the actual
conversations between God and the prophets of old? I would love to
see what was actually said, without the dimming of memories over
time."

    Saint Peter immediately ushered the Pope to the heavenly library
and explained how to retrieve the various documents. The Pope was
thrilled and settled down to review the history of man's
relationship with God.
    Two years later a scream of anguish pierced the stacks of the
library!
    Immediately several of the Saints and Angels came running. There
they found the Pope pointing to a single word on a parchment,
repeating over and over...

"There's an 'R' !!!   ...There IS an 'R'!!! -- the word is celibRate!"

<VBEG,d,r>

===
Adios -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Var.e-mail: kihe at rocketmail.com,KiheBard at aol.com,MikeCBaker at aol.com