ANST - Gulf War Checklist

Mitman, Rikki Rikki.Mitman at COMPAQ.com
Wed Mar 4 06:59:10 PST 1998

How about nice little items of largesse for bards, artisans, new fighters
who make a good effort, a fighter who remembers chivalry in the heat of
conflict? Persons who make camp more comfortable, tote water, help with
setup, push stuck cars? (Bards and artisans?)

Largesse needn't come only from nobility -- and a small gift like that can
put the shine on someone's whole event. I usually give glass beads (wonder
why?); also, brooches are very good. Almost everyone can use them or, if the
item is not to their taste/appropriate to their persona, they can bestow it
in turn upon someone they feel deserves a medieval attaboy.

There are lots of other nice, useful, SCA-appropriate things you can
purchase or make inexpensively (belt pouches, small wooden or enameled
boxes, metal or ceramic tankards, books on period topics, etc.). So hit some
garage sales and thrift shops (or visit the merchants at the war) and pick
up a little bit of period-looking largesse.

Surely Ansteorrans should be more generous than Trimarans?

Teleri ferch Pawl