ANST - The Kings Battle Ribbon

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Mar 31 06:27:38 PST 1998

At 01:44 AM 3/31/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The King's Battle Ribbon is an award created under the direction of His
>Majesty, Mahdi as a result of events at last year's Gulf War (' 97). It is
for
>exceptional acts of valor and honor by a unit during war. It was awarded to
>Moonschadoweshire and my Barony, Northkeep jointly at evening court during
>19th Eldern Tourney. The Battle Ribbon was carried and guarded by our two
>groups at this last Gulf War and I might add was never allowed to fall into
>enemy hands. It was returned to His Majesty, Rischard before Great Court
>Saturday nite and we were told that He had not had time to consider who was
>most worthy. His Majesty said that it would be awarded at Crown Tourney and
>sadly, I and my lady had to leave before court.
>
>                                            Hersir Thorgrim Bjornson
>                                               (Baron Northkeep)

The King's Battle Ribbon was not given out at Crown Tourney court.  I must
assume that HRM has plans to bestow it at a future time.  I can only think
that the level of participation from all the various groups that came to
this Gulf Wars has made HRM decision very difficult.  To all of you I say
"VIVAT"!.

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
Baron of Wiesenfeuer