ANST - ch, ch, ch, changes ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri May 1 13:24:33 PDT 1998

On  1 May 98 at 10:40, Jan Nowlan wrote:

> I would like to thank you personally for sharing this with the list.
>  It is very obvious that "You have been there done that, and a
> T-shirt too."

what's the point in living a full life and surviving well while you
watch others you grew up fail if you can't pass along the knowledge
that you are gained from your experiences (and in particular your
failings) in the hope that it will be of benefit to others not so far
along the pathways as yourself.

>  So many times when such a large number of people are involved and
> sharing thoughts and beliefs, the issues that are of a *deeper*
> nature are so often lost in the waves.  The list has touched on a
> real sensitive area (more than once) that have raised emotions, and
> that often clouds good sense.

waves / emotions / deep issues ... concepts well known to this
pisces/pisces. may favored places to swim are those deep waters.
common sense has always been one of my mantra's and long ago learned
the wisdoms of self-knowledge and self-redaction, always in a state
of change and improvement (at least the general trend is upwards
....)

> It is nice to hear that others have stories to tell and this is not
> a singular issue.  Certainly not just in the SCA.  Often these
> issues can be very frightening for some and Not such a "Big Deal" to
> others.

that's how the knowledge should be transferred to the tribe, from
person to person, life to life.  greatest demons i have fought
(continue to fight, and will fight) are those from within ... but
such is "warrior-path", eh?

> However, there are those of us that struggle on a day to day basis
> and others that DO NOT.  As with everything in life.

not to mention some of us that struggle to save some of those that
we value (lately trying to show a close friend that it's not the
needle that holds her, but the cicrcles and culture she hides in ...
a good soul (another piscean, have a soft spot for my cynn) and one i
would not see lost ... like so many)

some of us fight our battles in places that don't require obvious
armour of weaponry ...

'wolf
... as long as it's just a beer it's acceptable, when it's a habit or
ritual it's not.