ANST - Event Laws

Deborah and Robert Wade dwade at ballistic.com
Sat May 2 14:07:59 PDT 1998

>1. There is no minimum distance that two SCA events must be apart to
>be on the same weekend. So far as I can tell, if Bryn Gwlad and
>Fynnon Gath wanted to have competing events on the same weekend 1
>mile apart, they could.

You are correct the reason is based in courtesy and custom rather than law.
 If a Barony and a Shire that are geographically close together hold event
on the same weekend then the attendance for both is decreased especially as
a rule the Shire.

>2. There is no maximum number of events that can be scheduled on the
>kingdom calendar on one weekend.

The same is also true here in that if several events are scheduled on the
same weekend they all tend to suffer from a low attendance.

>If you are the current or a recent kingdom seneschal for Ansteorra
>and know of some unwritten ruling about either of these, I would be
>interested in that too.

I am not a current seneschal, but I was a GOOF when this topic came up
several times with the final decision always being to leave the scheduling
as custom rather than making it law so that as the Kingdom grew from 1
event/weekend to 2 events to 3 events or more the increases could be
resolve in as fair a manner as possible.

If you have any additional question please contact me.

I hope this helped

Rhiannon