ANST - Dry sites will annoy the chemically dependent

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Sat May 2 13:09:00 PDT 1998

Heilsa all...

Kief av Kiersted here...typing madly from HE Lorraine's account...

Wolf wrote and edited the following...

>On  2 May 98 at 0:13, Amberglyph wrote:

>> .. Although....if > everyone in the SCA were to tithe we'd
>> have a site in no time!

>important concept to remember, one person "tithe" is another persons
>"tax" ... and that get's real ugly, real fast (seen it before, don't
>want to see it again)

>'wolf

A "tax" that is imposed by an outside source _is_ repugnant. Seems that the
American Revolt was fought over that point as well as several others.

However, a _Self Imposed Tax_ would be one that could do the Kingdom or
Principality or Barony or Shire or Land Fund a good turn...may well be "A Good
Thing"...! If the vast majority of Kingdom subjects wanted such a thing or if
it was made an option at events then we would all benefit...

Just my dos centavos....

Waes Thu Hael kinfolk...

Kief

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."