ANST - Dry sites will annoy the chemically dependent

Evan Paul Langlinais skwid at utdallas.edu
Fri May 1 05:36:57 PDT 1998

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Pug Bainter wrote:
> Raymond Catz said something that sounded like:
> > Huh?
> It's an old 'net theory. It's called the Godwin theory after Mike
> Godwin. If you call someone a Nazi, it'll kill a thread. Unfortunately
> if you intentional try to invoke it, it usually won't work.

I've always understood Godwin's law to require calling the other person
specifically Hitler.

Anywho, I'll apologize to anyone who was offended.  I've been using that
little BUAG in newsgroups and mailing lists for years, and I've never
gotten anything but "LOL" replies.

It's sad that the group which I joined because they seemed to be much more
open-minded than your average folks turns out to have so many people who
are so easily offended.

"BOO!"--The Man in Gray                     http://www.utdallas.edu/~skwid/