ANST - Picky? (was SCA Anniversary)

Lenny Zimmermann zarlor at acm.org
Fri May 1 06:59:55 PDT 1998

On Fri, 1 May 1998 05:47:36 -0700 (PDT), Ld. Edrei the Quiet wrote:

>Maybe I'm just being picky (or maybe I'm confused), but if we were
>founded in 1966 (aka AS I), wouldn't this be our 32nd Anniversary and
>beginning our 33rd year?

Well, let's see, since May 1 is the birthday that would make this the
societies 32nd year b-day (I was born in '66 and will be 32 in
November.) Now, since there was not an AS 0 (like we all had a 0 year
where we were so many months old) then we have to add 1 to come up
with the calendar year, ergo AS 33. Make any sense?

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(mka Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)
zarlor at acm.org