ANST - Dry sites will annoy the chemically dependent

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Fri May 1 07:59:28 PDT 1998

>And alcohol is not a poison either.  Alcohol in moderation has
>documented health benefits in that it lowers bad cholesterol (is it
>LDLs or HDLs?).

Ok, THIS I had to respond to. Alcohol is an "intoxicant". The root word
there is "toxic". Drunkenness is the physical response to being
poisoned. The documented health benefits you speak of only occur with
WINE. Not beer, not distilled spirits, WINE. And those health benefits
can be achieved far easier without the use of alcohol. (Exercise, and a
well balanced diet do far more for you than drinking a poison in
"moderation".)

Alcohol IS a poison. Ask any chemist.

Catriona Rowley
(who is NOT anti-alcohol, but believes mis-information like that MUST be
corrected.)