ANST - Event Laws

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Sat May 2 13:25:15 PDT 1998

Having just reviewed kingdom law on the subject of Calendar events,
I find that, contrary to what I have heard:

1. There is no minimum distance that two SCA events must be apart to
be on the same weekend. So far as I can tell, if Bryn Gwlad and
Fynnon Gath wanted to have competing events on the same weekend 1
mile apart, they could.

2. There is no maximum number of events that can be scheduled on the
kingdom calendar on one weekend.

What I want to know is does anyone have specific knowledge that
disallows either of these items? If so please site an exact reference
and page (i.e. Kingdom Law - page 18, Kingdom Seneschal's Handbook -
page 12, etc).

If you are the current or a recent kingdom seneschal for Ansteorra
and know of some unwritten ruling about either of these, I would be
interested in that too.

Thanks for helping me get the strait poop on this issue.

Dore