ANST - Dry sites will annoy the chemically dependent

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 15:24:25 PDT 1998

The Good Brother Sir Kief pontificated:

By-the-by, I've long been a advocate of "local
lodges" for each chapter. Such
would go a long way in solving problems with
meeting and gathering spots. As
well, a "lodge" building would be a physical
presence in the community.
Interested people would have a place to be
referred to rather than the "fighter
practice in the park" type of directions. We in
Raven's Fort have long been
listed with the local Chamber of Commerce, the
Arts Council, and Sam Houston
State University. This "dream" of mine is a very
long term goal. However, I
would be more than willing to give a goodly part
of my available money to a
land fund or a "lodge" fund, as long as the
Society was bettered as a  result.

I think that this is the best idea I have seen yet.  It would be nice
to have a permanent structure to center our activities around.  In
fact, I think it would better serve the SCA in Ansteorra than buying
100 acres of unimproved land in the distant future.  These lodges
would be nice for small local events, and some larger events.  And
when we come to a time that we want a camping weekender, then maybe we
can rent the Boy Scout Camp or the YMCA land as needed.

Tyrca