ANST - Attacking Saracens

erland at ix.netcom.com erland at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 7 20:59:29 PDT 1998

> John Ruble wrote:,
> > THEN
> > Pat said:
> >         {snip} It'd be a miserable event if the Saracen persona was >>attacked by the crusaders in our midst wouldn't it?
> > >
> > Steppes held an event with just this theme.  It was called "Idak Mubarrak"

Then Erland got ahold of it...

Ah yes, Saracens, they've amused us from time to time. I recall this
past Lyonesse our own local camel..er..Saracen, Khalil ibn Cassiam al
Hammath (say THAT three times fast with a mouth full of hummus) was
operating a tavern. Of course being the devout fellow he is, I'm certain
he was only calling it a 'tavern' for the convenience of the infidels.
I'm fairly certain he was offering teas and fruit juices only.
	Anyway, Khalil had fought all day so he was pretty thirsty I guess. I
noticed he was drinking a fair amount of 'fruit juice'. And he must have
been pretty tired too because as it grew late he seemed to have some
trouble with knocking things over. But I wanted to illustrate how
hard-headed and stubborn these Saracens can be. Khalil managed to brush
against a candle and set himself alight. Now I figure that was a polite
thing 'cause it was kinda dark in the tavern at that point, and the
extra light would help the other folks who were tired and might have
kept 'em from tripping and hurting themselves. Well a lot of people
offered to help beat the flames out, but Khalil stubbornly insisted on
hitting himself 'til the light was doused. I guess the biggest
disappointment to me though, was when I spoke to Khalil after he was
toasted. I tried to explain to him that heroes don't 'stop, drop, and
roll'. REAL heroes prove they can outrun the flames. REAL heroes are
protected by Allah. Now I even offered to set him alight again and you
know what? He wouldn't go for it!  Damned stubborn Saracens.

Erland