ANST - YOU'VE BEEN rejected

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri May 8 05:25:08 PDT 1998

Bill Sholar said something that sounded like:
> I may have totally missed the point myself, but I don't think that
> Markov was suggesting that Pug personally approve all postings
> that aren't from subscribers. Rather I think he meant that a rule
> could be established that gave subscribers a free ticket past the
> anti-spam measures.

Ahh!!! If that's, the case, then I totally missed the point.

> I have no idea if this is feasible, but its a neat idea any way.

Although a very good idea, unfortunately I don't know if it's feasible.
I will look at it closely to see if it is.

The key problem with this setup is that the different Anti-SPAM measures
are in two different programs, sendmail and majordomo.

I *should* at least be able to set it up, with some cron jobs and simple
scripting, so that those subscribed to the lists don't hit the sendmail
Anti-SPAM measures *if* they are configured properly as the address
listed in the files. That way if their ISP is blacklisted, they *should*
still get through.

Majordomo doesn't currently allow this type of setup since it even
sends the listadmin through the filters. I don't know how brave I am to
seriously hack that code. Part of the problem is the code that checks
for SPAM is the same code that checks for listserver commands going to
the list which would still be useful to have done.

*sigh*

Ciao,