ANST - Knighting Ceremonies

Dennis Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Fri May 8 09:51:31 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Larkin O'Kane writes:
>Will someone here tell me where to get information on Knighting
>Ceremonies?  Everything from the vigil to the dubbing.

Earl Brion Thornbird has a smattering of info on his site at
http://www.chronique.com , and Maurice Keen's book _Chivalry_ is always a
good starting point.

>If you really wanted your knighting ceremony to stand out, what would/did
>you do to make it so?

I would have prefered a vigil, but they got me on a search-and-destroy.  It
was such a shock that I really don't remember much.  Friends gave me photos
of the ceremony, but I can't quite sync the scenes with the fuzzy gap in my
memory.  I remember the collee'.  King Thorfin's knuckle cracked when it
struck my chest.  Before that, it's pretty much a blur.

lo vostre pro vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace