ANST - Stefan's files for June

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri May 15 06:43:00 PDT 1998

Greetings,

Here is my article on my Florilegium files for June. If there are any editors
out there who would like to get this article monthly near the fifth of the
month, please let me know and I will add you to my list of folks whom I email
this to each month. Please send me your name, email address, group name
and publication name.

Stefan
<start>
--------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past eight years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan’s Florilegium.

Florilegium - (literally, "a gathering of flowers").  In medieval times,
Florilegia were collections of choice tidbits (from Ovid, Aristotle, various
popes, church scholars, etc.) arranged topically. Typically, a florilegium is
huge, encyclopedic, and contains only choice selections from particular works.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in the Important Stuff section
of the website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.

Please be aware that sometimes there is a delay between my announcement of
a new file and it’s becoming available at the website.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at texas.net
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files for this month:

baby-gifts-msg       Period-type and SCA-useful baby gifts.
duck-goose-msg       Cooking duck and goose. Recipes.
fd-Germany-msg       Medieval and Period German food. Cookbooks.
mordants-msg         Info. on mordants. Period and modern.
p-bibles-msg         Period bibles. Modern sources.
redacting-msg        Changing period recipes into modern format.
straw-crafts-msg     Medieval straw crafts. Straw hats.
trumpet-build-art    "Building a (fake but serviceable) Baroque Trumpet"
                         by Dwight Hall.
venison-msg          Medieval and modern recipes for venison.

Here are some of the files that have had substantial additions this past month:

cheesecake-msg       Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.
chicken-msg          Period and SCA chicken recipes.
exotic-meats-msg     Period and SCA exotic meats. Swans, ostrich,
                        eels, peacocks, crawfish, dormice, snails
fd-Jewish-msg        Jewish medieval food. Sources.
lea-tanning-msg      How to tan leather. Types of tanning.
merchanting-msg      Merchanting in the SCA.
seafood-msg          Medieval non-fish seafood. Recipes.
soup-msg             Medieval soups. Cooking soups at events. recipes.
underwear-msg        What to wear under garb. SCA and period.
---
Copyright 1998, Mark S. Harris, 5628 Wagon Train Rd. Austin TX  78749.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification can be by email and changing the format is allowed.

<end>