ANST - Bread at Kingdom Dance and Music

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue May 19 04:10:31 PDT 1998

Kat Young wrote:
> >>Ditto that.  I would also like to get the recipe for the bread.
> >
> >The bread was purchase from the Dutch Regal bakery on south congress.
> >
> >Clarissa
>
> Gee, I don't suppose they give away their recipes, eh?  Could you at
> least tell me what the bread is called, perhaps I can hunt a recipe down
> on the web.
>
> Caitlinn Ingen Brigt/Kat

You might try looking in two files in the FOOD section of my Florilegium.
There are a lot of good recipes in there for different types of bread as
well as breadmaking directions and referances to modern books and some
period referances. I don't know if a similar bread recipe is in these
files, but it is worth a look.

bread-msg        (123K)  3/19/98    Medieval breads and grains.
breadmaking-msg   (60K)  1/28/98    Period bread recipes and re-creations.

These files on yeast might also be of interest to breadmakers or want-to-be
breadmakers:

BNYeast-art       (14K)  4/24/97    "A Brief Note on Yeast" by Katerine Rountre.
yeasts-msg        (33K)  2/26/98    Medieval use of yeast. Using it in the CMA.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net