ANST - Court of Public Opinion

HL Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Fri May 22 06:30:06 PDT 1998

On Fri, 22 May 1998 06:59:40 -0500, "Houghton, Kevon"
<Kevon_Houghton at Dell.com> wrote:

>		I would ask everyone, is this a court of public opinion?
>(by answering, even no, you answer yes)

court, n,  9.a A person or body of persons appointed to hear and submit a
decision on civil cases. b. The building, hall or room in which cases are
heard and determined.. c. The regular session of a judicial assembly.

-out of court. 1. Without a trial.

I submit to you that we have not been appointed by any authority to
submit a decision.  Quite the contrary, the only authority on the list
[The list administrator] has specificaly asked us not to.

I further submit for your consideration that what you are proposing is
more akin to a vigilanty "necktie party" than it is to any court.

Larkin O'Kane     I will not purposly offend anyone in a public forum:
CSM, AoO          If this post offends you, please tell me privately.