ANST - A Warning

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri May 22 08:10:13 PDT 1998

> Here's the warning:
> Currently there are charges of Rape filed against Mike Lemming (Don
> Miguel, the current Queen's Champion).  The alleged incident occurred at
> an SCA event.  The case is at the DA's office and we will know within 10
> days whether it will go to before a Grand Jury.  Legally, this is all I
> can say publicly.  If you would like to know my private opinion, or more
> about the case, or if you have ANY information that can aid the case,
> please write me.

Dear Sir,

Since you brought this up publicly I will respond publicly. I do not know
who you are since you don't sign your SCA name and I so I only know you
by your email address. But there is a little bit more to the situation
than you have said. Unless things have changed drastically within the past
week Don Miguel was never charged with anything. There was an accusation
and an investigation. Although the situation has yet to be fully resolved
there appears to be no case.

You have given hints that you know more than you say but you give false
information from the start.

When, and I do mean "when" not "if", Don Miguel is cleared I would hope that
you would be just as quick to announce this fact. I stand behind Don Miguel
who is my House leader, my training partner, my friend. I do not believe
he would do such a thing and I have no doubts of his honor. He was asked to
step down as Central Regional Knight Marshal because of this accusation
despite his long history of service to Ansteorra. I have actually been
surprised that this situation has stayed this quiet. But now that it has been
presented in a public forum I will publicly state my opinion.

I may be sticking my neck out or bastardizing the case but I will not let
such a statement go without at least a rebuttal. Too many people are unwilling
to stand up for thier friends if it appears there may be repercussions. I
stand for my friend.

Yours,

Sir Gunthar Jonsson
mka Michael F. Gunter