ANST - Censorship and Moderation

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Sat May 23 15:38:15 PDT 1998

I have to make a comment or two on the subject of censorship and
moderation.  Pug, after you made such a big deal about freedom of speech
and allowed Litch to say and damn thing he pleased, you're suddenly going
to censor the list?

I agree that the Moderator should work to stop the types of inflammatory
and accusatory posts that we've seen go by, but I'd think that simply
warning an offender first, then suspending them for three days to cool off
if a warning isn't enough, would more than take care of the problem.  And,
of course, you can always ban people from the list who still act badly
after being suspended and then reinstated.

I really think you should consider carefully on this -- you are moderating
unevenly if you'll allow Litch's many inflammatory piles of refuse go by
but you're going to get all sweaty and quivering over the stuff that's been
posted in the last few days.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)