ANST - Letters of recommendation (was: The list is moderated...)

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue May 26 12:34:01 PDT 1998

I have heard Big Movers and Shakers say that petitions for
someone to get an award are heavily discounted by crowns.
- It's too easy to succumb to social pressure -- it's hard to
   say publicly "no, I don't think Foo deserves this award".
- It's too easy to sign, compared to a personal letter.
I *think* I heard a pair of ex-royals saying they ignored
petition recommendations, but I can't be sure.

Daniel de Lincolia
and forty-five other registered voters of Chicago
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.