ANST - Steppes Warlord XXV

Michelle Hall mchallmd at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 27 23:00:54 PDT 1998

Greetings all!

> I heard that HRH Barn won the torchlight rapier tournament.
>
> Zara Zina

HRH Barn did win the torchlight rapier tourney sponsored by House
Bloodstone.  Despite numerous (quite reasonable) safety concerns, the
tourney went off very well.  FYI for anyone else planning a similar event,
white electrical tape provides much better visibility of rapier tips than
red reflective tape.  White reflective tape might be even better than that
but we did not have any to test out.  Don Robin also noted that when your
glasses fog up at night, visibility rapidly reaches zero.  The fighting was
wonderful, and the dying was just as good.  I would like to thank all of
the marshals who stayed up so late to help us with this tourney.

In service

Mary Teresa Hathaway
House Mother, in abstentia