ANST - Mittens-Knitted

John Ruble ulf at urocor.com
Fri May 29 07:05:34 PDT 1998

Lady Rosalia said:

>I am trying to find a pattern for knitting mittens.  Any suggestions on
>where to look.

I know that Mistress Alix in the Barony of Namron can show you how to naal
bind some mittens.  She tried to show me, but it took ten minutes untie my
fingers again...  It is a simple Scandinavian technique using the nail of
your thumb and a horn needle.  It's like a cross between knitting, crochet,
and basket-weaving.  The hardest part is getting a piece started; after that
it goes fairly quickly.  And the socks she made are warm!

Ulf