ANST - Mittens-Knitted

upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu
Fri May 29 10:54:44 PDT 1998

     Lady Rosalia,  I have a pattern for knitting mittens in several sizes -
     infant to adult.  Email me at upsxdls at okstate.edu for more information.
     Leah Anna of Sparrowhaven
     "Who will love a little sparrow?"

Subject: Re: ANST - Mittens-Knitted
Author:  <ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG> at SMTP
Date:    5/29/98 9:05 AM

Lady Rosalia said:

>I am trying to find a pattern for knitting mittens.  Any suggestions on
>where to look.

I know that Mistress Alix in the Barony of Namron can show you how to naal
bind some mittens.  She tried to show me, but it took ten minutes untie my
fingers again...  It is a simple Scandinavian technique using the nail of
your thumb and a horn needle.  It's like a cross between knitting, crochet,
and basket-weaving.  The hardest part is getting a piece started; after that
it goes fairly quickly.  And the socks she made are warm!

Ulf