ANST - messaging world ...

Pat St. Jean psj at cgmlarson.com
Fri May 29 13:21:57 PDT 1998

On Fri, 29 May 1998, j'lynn yeates wrote:
> as for all these "standards" they are evolving ... ASCII email is on the
> decline, multi-media messaging is on the ascendency.  they barbarians
> are not just at the gate anymore, they are over the wall and starting
> to burn everything in sight.  my suggestion, change clothes and grab a
> torch ... there's way too many waiting over the next hill to continue
> to fight.

ASCII e-mail may be on the decline, but I've about had it with html in
mail.  Until no-one has a text only mail reader, don't do it.  The next
message has what I usually put in a letter to people that consistently
mail out html.  Warning, it'll close your mail reader if it understands
Java...

Felipé

Patrick St. Jean              '97 XLH 883                psj at cgmlarson.com
Programmer & Systems Administrator                    +1 713-977-4177 x115
Larson Software Technology                        http://www.cgmlarson.com