ANST - messaging world ...

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Fri May 29 15:29:53 PDT 1998

Felip{e'} wrote:
> The next message has what I usually put in a letter
> to people that consistently mail out html.
> Warning, it'll close your mail reader if it understands
> Java...

Regrettably, mail delivery has unpredictable delays.  Your
mail closer arrived in my mailbox before your warning.

Sending a message intended to nuke the reader's program is
exceptionally obnoxious.  Pug, would you please consider a
policy that such behavior, especially if repeated or
destructive, may be cause for being kicked off the list?
Though it's sad that that has to be put into a policy.

Daniel "though the temptation to send such messages is
almost irresistable ... I *really* don't trust Java
security, and now don't trust Java-ed messages" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.