ANST - YOU'VE BEEN rejected

Mark Hinkle mhinkle at rocketmail.com
Wed May 6 17:13:03 PDT 1998

Hmmm. To get on the mailing list you need to subscribe. Couldn't we
compare the incoming messages' "from" field against the subscription
list? Incoming letters not matching the subscriber list would be sent
to a "bin" where further filtering can be applied. This would greatly
increase the accuracy of posting letters that are legitimate
regardless of the subject headers. However, this won't stop some jerk
mailer from subscribing, spamming, and bailing. There will always be a
way around filters.

Markov in BG

===

Mark Hinkle                      Team OS/2    IEEE     SCA
mhinkle at rocketmail.com
   "The difference between genius and stupidity is that
    genius has its limits." - Unknown

---Rick Wynne <richard at speakeasy.org> wrote:

> When a solution is found, perhaps it could be forwarded to the other
> kingdom mailing lists.
>
> Brother Richard of Tyre
>
> On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, SCOTT A WAGGONER wrote:
>
> > They are working on it
> > Raven
> >
> > On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 00:28:39 -0700 (PDT) Rick Wynne
> > <richard at speakeasy.org> writes:
> > >
> > >Is there not  away to control this sort of thing?
> > >
> > >Brother Richard of Tyre

YOU !