ANST - Re: - Must we drive people away?

Rick Wynne richard at speakeasy.org
Thu May 7 16:06:08 PDT 1998

Greetings good folk of Ansteorra,

 I for one encourage religious freedom (I am a templar moderate *grin*),
and find that the many Pagans of An Tir who overcome their initial
discomfort over my persona come to find me fair and just in my opinions
and dealings. (By the way, the Templars *never* burned any heretics-do not
believe popular myth and even had friends among the Saracens in Outremer).

 It can be difficult to be a Christian in the Society. Just as it is
difficult to be "different" anywhere. Let us all exercise acceptance of
diversity.

 If there is a Christian SCA mailing list...sign me up!

In the Service of the Temple,
Brother Richard of Tyre
Madrone, An Tir
Milites Christi: Templar Archives (http://www.speakeasy.org/~richard)