ANST - Templars ...

Keith E. Brandt, M.D. wd9get at amsat.org
Fri May 8 19:45:32 PDT 1998

>Brother Galen, I feel compelled to comment on some of the things you stated.

And I thank you for expounding on my words. I was obviously simplifying
substantially, and disagree not with your additions.

>1.  Most of those who confessed did so to spare their lives, many recanted
>and were summarily executed (including Jacques de Molay the last Grand
>Master of the Templars, and two other principle officers).

My favorite part of the story is where Jacques de Molay called upon the
king and pope to "meet with him within the year for judgement at the throne
of God". Clement V died in April (6 mo later), and Philip in November (one
month later).

>2.   It is highly inaccurate to say "...Templars in all Christendom were..."
>anything.  The Order was never officially dissolved in Scotland.

I wouldn't call it inaccurate, as the Papal Bull "Vox in Excelso"
*officially* dissolved the order in all Christian lands. Now what actually
happened, that is another story....

>For those of you who have _no_ idea what we are talking about, I recommend
>Robinson's books.  Not only as an interesting read of the Order of the
>Temple, but also for some interesting tidbits on life in the middle ages.
>
>Fergus Stout
>ballentine at earthlink.net

One of the few writers to write objectively on Masonry. I also
wholeheartedly recommend all three of John Robinson's books.

In Service to Physick and Chirurgy,
Galen

Friar Galen of Ockham
chirurgeon at altavista.net