ANST - Anti-SPAM techno-garbage...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon May 11 08:09:57 PDT 1998

Pug Bainter said something that sounded like:
> I *should* at least be able to set it up, with some cron jobs and simple
> scripting, so that those subscribed to the lists don't hit the sendmail
> Anti-SPAM measures *if* they are configured properly as the address
> listed in the files. That way if their ISP is blacklisted, they *should*
> still get through.

This has been done and *should* be funtional. I have setup a script that
will verify the sendmail database once an hour versus the lists databases
of users.

The behaviour for those who care is:

1) "Approved" bogus hostnames are rewriten. (ie. tmcd.austin.tx.us to crl.com)
2) Unresolvable hostnames are rejected.
3) Those people subscribed to a list are accepted by sendmail. (skip to #7)
4) Those domainnames that are considered spammers are rejected.
5) Those IP addresses that are considered spammers are rejected.
6) Unqualified remote users are rejected. (ie. no hostname, this is done late
   due to possible rewrite rules that could blank it out)
7) Majordomo does its content check and forwards to the moderator if suspect.

In Service,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "The problem's plain to see
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   Too much technology."