ANST - Administrata...

carol s somers elianemn at juno.com
Wed May 27 07:51:57 PDT 1998

Pug,

you have my most sincere sympathies.  As the administrator of this list
you have to do what you think or know to be right.  You have had the
courage to do this in the face of all the anger and the criticism.

I will readily admit that as a mother, I would want to know if there was
someone I should keep an eye on around my children.  As a woman, I would
want to know if a casual walk in the evening with a new friend was likely
to escalate into something unpleasant or criminal.
At the same time, I worked in a library, and I absolutely detest the
concept of censorship.

I WANT to believe that everyone in the SCA is as chivalrous as I would
fantasize
them all to be... I know, however, that this is not always the case.

Gossip is a painful and close cousin to warnings, and the line between is
very thin. I don't like to hear it, and I certainly don't like to repeat
it.  So I am horribly torn on this whole thing.

Lady Eliane Marie Nazaire d"Avignon