ANST - Re: Abreviations: was protocol

HL Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Thu May 28 08:16:24 PDT 1998

On Wed, 27 May 1998 23:42:24 -0500, Lee Cavett <catsden at texas.net>
wrote:

:>"Alphabet soup" is, as far as I have been able to discover, one of the
:>many Victorian practices that have crept into common usage in the SCA.
:>There are no "official" abbreviations for the various awards other
:>than those in the OP, which are there merely to make it easier to sort
:>with a computer. The ones we use for the peerages, by the way, are
:>MOL, MOP, MSCA, and KSCA.

Eh? The OP that I have [with the ominous date of April 1, AS XXXII
(1998 CE) ] lists KSCA, MSCA, PoA, ML, and MP .  For that matter so
does the OP dated Jan 20, 1997

Have we started abbreviating Master/Mistress of the Laurel as MOL
and Master/Mistress of the Pelican as MOP?  Hey, maybe we could get
another badge passed; "fieldless crossed MOPs proper" :)

Although the only listing for PoA is to Margaret Ny Conor and it was
awarded in the East.  Why Ansteorra doesn't use PoAs I don't know.

Larkin O'Kane     I will not purposly offend anyone in a public forum:
CSM, AoA, AQR     If this post offends you, please tell me privately.