ANST - how to mit a kitten ... was kittens-mitted

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri May 29 11:51:17 PDT 1998

On 29 May 98, at 11:23, Evan Paul Langlinais wrote:

> Sorry for the waste of bandwidth, I just thought y'all might like to see
> how I read the Subject!

file this under bored-human or silly animal tricks ...

we used to "mit" kittens ...

except we used a panty-hose trap ... take a suitable "treat" and drop down leg
of pair of used panty hose (*off* the origional owner.  make a couple of supports
to hold open end open .. and one or more additional ones to create a partial
tunnel that gets progressively smaller ... sit back and wait for kitten to discover
tunnel leading to treat, soon have very pissed cat doing "alien" imitation.
becomes a intelligence test to see how many times they fall for it before
figuring it out ....

don't even mention the mesh bags and wall-hook solution to being able to eat
dinner in peace (grin) ... got the idea from the irish practice of storing books in
satchels on wall pegs ... figured if it worked for books, would work for cats that
were annoying the humans

lest anyone get the wrong idea, i *like* cats and have had many over the years
... until the allergies precluded sharing space with them

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves