ANST - Info

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun May 31 06:44:54 PDT 1998

Richard P. Lemon said something that sounded like:
>  Please excuse any possible intrusion on this band. I am not sure if this
> is the equivilent of the Meridian Taven Yard or not, but I am seeking
> information on a former resident of your kingdom. I wish to know whatever
> I can find or anyone is willing to devuldge about one Sutan Bloodaxe.

To be honest, I do not enjoy the manner in which the Meridian mailing
list members are willing to try and recieve information regarding others.

This is now the second person to approach this list or the owner regarding
information on an individual that is in their Kingdom. The first person
didn't even know who the individual behind an email address was. I would
recommend going to those within your own Kingdom who are rumor-mongering
and giving you such inclination to approach those of us here in
Ansteorra to find out why *they* are doing this. These people should be
able to get you in touch with *individuals* who would be able to assist
instead of going to the public on a rumor expedition, or even worse
public defimation of character.

Mailing lists and the 'net in general allow for quick, pseudo-anonymous
not say in person. In addition, it expediates the problem of people being
unable to defend themself when any rumors or accusations do start flying.

Let's not continue this boorish behaviour on the Ansteorran list.

I have Cc'ed this to who I think is the list master for the Meridian list
so he might be able to stop this type of undesirable behaviour on his list
as well.

> Please e-mail me privatly at the above address. Thank you.

Members of the list, please take this advice to heart. Do not reply and
send it to the list. I would hate to have to moderate the list again to
keep the responses from being public when they are to be private.

In Service to *my* Dream,