ANST - Message speed

Jerry Dreifuerst morganson at hotmail.com
Sun May 31 21:36:58 PDT 1998

Greeting all,
Othar here.

On the issue of message speed, one way to improve transmission time is
to use a smaller message.  When replying to a previous post, many of us
include the entire message, headers, body and sig lines to boot.
Don't!

Plase take the time to edit your posts and replies from unwanted
repetition of information from the messages you want to quote.  It will
save time two ways, by allowing your smaller message to be delivered
quicker and aid your fellow list readers who now must scroll through the
dreck duplicated from multiply replied to messages.  Only a few minutes
of maintenance to your outgoing messages will improve the demeanor of
those who would read your words.  After all, I think we all want those
around us to listen to our words with interest and not with the false
impression that we do not care enough to edit messages.

Thanking you for your consideration,

Othar Morganson                  MKA: Jerry Dreifuerst
Stargate, Ansteorra                   Houston, Texas
morganson at hotmail.com                 jerryd at neosoft.com