ANST - Regia Anglorum Website

Nathan W. Jones njones at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 1 11:59:37 PST 1998

Greetings Friends!

Came across a website today that might be of some interest.

http://www.ftech.net/~regia/

This is the website for a Living History group in Britain called the Regia
Anglorum.  Their focus is Anglo Saxon and Viking Britain from 950-1066.

It's not my period, so I'm not really able to judge the quality of their
research, but their web site says:

	"We are not purely a combat society and have come a long way from the old
hack and bash image associated with many re-enactment societies. We are not
in fact a ‘re-enactment’ society, but a ‘living history society’. Our basic
tenet is Authenticity. To this end we will not portray any image, support
any ideal, or make any item of kit which we cannot provenance from
contemporary sources. The society invests large sums of money and thousands
of man hours getting it right. From our experiences with other
superficially similar societies, we are certain that no other society from
our period of interest takes this matter so seriously."

So, I suggest we take advantage of their "large sums of money and thousands
of man hours" and use the information of their web pages to our best uses.
*grin*

Gio
Northkeep
Ansteorra