ANST - Re: BG - Tourney d'Amore

j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Wed Nov 4 19:24:57 PST 1998

You know, I think it's sad that evidently no rapier fighter that was there
and expressed complaint about the barrier idea has stepped up to answer
the question of why.  I've read 3 people's ideas of why there might hve
been objections but none of them were there evidently.

Yes, barrier fighting is a bit alien to what we do most of the time.  As
Brendan pointed out, a first or second blood bout is probably more
difficult under the circumstances.  Personally, I think that a few
fighters just didn't like the idea for one reason or another and decided
to try and put a stop to it.  Maybe they honestly felt that it was a bad
idea, maybe they felt they couldn't win under those conditions,  who
knows?  Well they know and I would like to know their reasons.

Personally, I can't understand why they didn't accept the suggestion and
look at it as a chance to really challenge themselves.  Yes it's
different, but so what!!  If we just stick to what we know and what we're
good at, we never grow.

If this matter has bothered or upset Her Excellency Jehane, I would like
to apologize on behalf of those fighters.  There is a time and place for
loud objections and, best as I can tell, that wasn't it.  For any of the
fighters involved, please introduce yourselves to me when you get the
chance.  I would greatly appreciate a moment or two of your time to
discuss these matters.

				Don Ansgar von Aachen