ANST - Re: BG - Tourney d'Amore

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Nov 2 11:54:31 PST 1998

Baroness Jehanne d'Avignon wrote:
>         To end the day, the Tourney de Sanguine was fought, so called as
> it was fought to the second blood. The skill displayed during this
> tournament thrilled all of the spectators, and closed the day's fighting
> with finess and style.

Actually as the earlier tournements had taken so long, this last tourney
was changed to first blood to shorten it. Light was just about gone and
the moon was out when the final round of this tournement ended.

Baroness Jehanne had brought up the idea of changing one of the rapier
tournements to a barrier tournement with the combatants. As several
combatants voiced loud objection to doing this, the idea was dropped.
I think the barrier idea would have been interesting. I would like to
hear why the rapier fighters who opposed it, did so.

Lord Stefan li Rous