ANST - Risk taking ("Ronald Day")

knotwork at juno.com knotwork at juno.com
Mon Nov 2 18:19:00 PST 1998

Unto Baron Michael, Greetings!

I was very touched by the story you posted, and even more so by your
comments.  THIS is the organization I joined "way back when."  Doing the
right thing is a legacy for all time.

I attended a Seneschal's class where the teacher said that the art of
politics was "keeping as many people as possible as happy as possible for
as long as possible."  My question about doing what was _right_ was
summarily dismissed.  It is a comfort and a relief to know that the ideal
of  "right" is still respected and upheld by some people in power.

There is a name for a person who takes a risk to do the right thing.
That word is "hero."  We need more heroes.  They are truly unforgettable,
and their deeds live forever.  I agree with your roll call of heroes, and
would like to add William Blackfox to that list.

Thanks for making my day.

Joanna