ANST - Risk taking ("Ronald Day")

Tue Nov 3 12:28:54 PST 1998

> As long as I'm quoting Abraham Lincoln on the topic of doing the "right"
> thing, let me include these:
>
> "Let us have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us dare
> to do
> our duty as we understand it." - Address, New York City, Feb. 21, 1859.
>
> "With malice towards none, with charity for all, with firmness in the
> right,
> as God gives us to see the right." - Second Inaugural Address, march 4,
> 1865.
>
> Michael

If you are contemplating politicians who have done the "right" thing, may I
commend to you Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus, who was twice made dictator of
Rome and when the threats had passed, surrendered his authority and returned
to his farm.  Too many people who seek positions of authority don't know
when to walk away.

Bear