ANST - SCA superstitions.

John Ruble jruble at urocor.com
Fri Nov 6 09:24:28 PST 1998

> Anyway, I was wondering if there are any SCA superstitions out there?
> Things like the taboo against singing 'Brave and Soggy Host' at An Tir
> events.  (Gee can you guess which song I was humming).  Please pass
> this

Let's see...

If you put on a coronet of a rank you don't have, you'll never achieve that
rank.

You don't brag about winning tomorrow's tournament.  If you do, you won't.

Under no circumstances do you mention the "R" word (rain) at certain events.

If you break a herald, you'll have seven years bad luck. (This is a new
superstition I'd like to start...)

Surrounding your tent with orange peels keeps the fire ants away.

That's a start, I guess.
Ulf Gunnarsson