ANST - re: tent pole materials, ash poles

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sun Nov 8 11:54:48 PST 1998

> > the only place I've ever even *seen* ash is in the Museum Reps catalogue
> > for an exhorbitant price.  If you find anything else, please let me
> > know.

a warning on the MRL ash shafts (one that they have started printing in
their catalogs) ... the ones they offer tend to warp.  of the four i have
hanging around the house, only three have usable "true" sections left, none
are true for their full length (main reason they have been sitting around
unused).  possibly due to fact they are milled from lumber that is not
sufficiently seasoned and/or that their milled diameter is too small

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves