ANST - Combat archers

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Nov 11 08:31:09 PST 1998

> Do you like archers?
> Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra

I beleive that archers are necessary for many of the scenarios. I would
especially like to see groups of around 4-5 archers in "hunter/killer"
units who would focus their mass ability on one target at at time, thereby
assuring a fast kill instead of the sporadic shooting I see too often.
It may seem to waste arrows but when that archer in the tower or that
Duke in the backfield gets taken out before they can do real damage it's
worth it.

Archers should concentrate on eliminating priority targets before going for
targets of opportunity. Other archers, unit leaders, spear units, etc...
And they should fight as units. Either firing in alternating waves so that
when a target ducks for cover after the first one then pops his head out
to see what's happening only to get nailed between the eyes, or to fire
en masse to assure the target can't avoid all of them.

I want my archers to be surgical and effective.

How's that?

Yours,

Gunthar