ANST - thoughts on engines ...

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Wed Nov 11 08:44:15 PST 1998

At 11:10 AM 11/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Does any one know if the cardboard tubes used to hold fabric would work for
>spears and javelins if so check with your local drapery shop they should have
>a bunch ...... I know if they work I can get about 30 or more ... my mother
>has a drapery shop. please let me know what you find out.
>
>Achillies Von Hutton

I believe that they would not be allowed for spears, as the allowed
materials are specified by the Marshal's Handbook.  A Marshal online could
probably confirm.    They would work for javelins as long as the didn't get
wet and end up with "bobbitt syndrome".   It sure would be cheaper than
cutting up a bunch of PVC provided they passed marshallate inspection.  My
wife does a great deal of sewing, and I seem to recall those tubes as being
pretty darn stout.  You'd definately feel it if you got hit by one.

Petruccio