ANST - Combat archers

Michael J. Harkness blackoak at balista.com
Wed Nov 11 21:02:13 PST 1998

During  the last Gulf Wars I found out that allot of the Archers we had did
not know what to do or who to shoot at first.
If we had a Commander of the Archers that could organize all of the Archers
during the Gulf War, have meetings and training classes even for 1 hour
before battles.  We Archers would do allot better.  It is very hard to get
all of the Archers together except
before a battle. I know I have tried with some success.
I do like the touch kill for Archers with bows in hand.  Some Archers who
do not wish to be touched or hit should wear a white diamond on their
helmet on all four sides.  This does mark the Archer very well. Most
Kingdoms we fight with or against go with this type of markings.
Towers are good things to have, I stayed in the rolling tower inside the
Castle for a long time.
Shieldman for Archers is a must. With a Shieldman in front of me I can most
times run out of arrows without getting killed.  Standing out in the open
or way in the back is NOT the way to do Combat Archery, you must get within
20 yards of the front line and shoot for the gaps. Very effective that way,
I know allot about that.

Lord Talon of Blackoak
Archer of Ansteorra