ANST - DPSCLU,Local153

adams, ozy ozy at door.net
Wed Nov 11 21:30:19 PST 1998

I would like to hear from some combat archers about a good size for a
pavase. It has been suggested to me that they be arm-pit high to allow
shooting over as well as around.
In all things I build I rely apon tricks I learned in the Theatre and I
think a pavase could be made exactly like a standard set piece: 1x4 or 1x3
frame w/ 1/4 ply corner blocks covered in muslin and painted to spec w/ a
hinged leg in the center to keep it upright. It would weigh only a couple
pounds, but may be susceptible to wind...
comments? suggestions?
I will be at Three Kings if anyone would like to talk to me.

> Hey, get us some enginens and pavasses and I'll declare you Premier
craftsmen,
> official Engineers to the Crown of Ansteorra. Does that stir a little
more?
> Yours,
> Gunthar
> Princeps Ansteorrae

That would be very spiffy.
At the very least I will attempt to build as many pavase(s) as I can
transport or arrange to have transported.

-0zymandias Breakstock,Squire to Sir Maximillian
(still looking for a new name)