ANST - Period Games

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Mon Nov 16 15:36:45 PST 1998

On 16 Nov 98, at 14:15, Angela Bellavance wrote:

> > any other Go players out there ???
>
> Is this the game where you start in one "cell" and occupy adjoining cells
> during your turn, eventually trying to take over the majority of the
> board? And if you land next to an opponent's cell, you take over that cell
> from them?

that's one way of describing it ... learned it from VSirSmF *many* moons
and developed a taste for it, though consider self far from "proficient" (one of
those games that takes 15 minutes to learn and a lifetime to master.)

must remember to start packing my travel board and stones ...

> I mostly learned it to finish a computer game called "7th Guest".

ran into something similar in Myst ... in order to get the tonal clues into and
through the "Selenite Age", had to borrow a friends electronic tuner (used
for his electric guitars) ...

amazing what we will go through for our game-playing ... like spending the
afternoon on the porch with abrasives scouring away many years of storage
corrosion off about 1/3 of the battle-armour collection  ... lot's of work ahead
... then time to get out the die grinder, flex-shaft, and cutting & polishing
compounds for the final cleaning ... so nice when it goes from cruddy and
rusty to shiney

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves