ANST - RE: Fwd: RN- Ansteorran Academy of the Courtier

j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Wed Nov 18 17:24:22 PST 1998

Uh, 'wolf,  what subtle poison are you talking about???

Yes, the words Erc wrote may have not been the best chosen ones, but they
certainly were not the worst.  I'm sure that if he had wanted to insult
people, he would and could have very plainly.  Has the PC bug hit our
organization that much?  I'm sure there's someone who will find fault or
insult at anything  that gets posted, said, or done.  Do we have to watch
our words so carefully, least our friends take exception to some little
something we may say?

What I read was someone who just got back from an event that they really
enjoyed.  He was excited about and wanted to share some of that with us.
It was a "theme" event and the fact that almost everyone dressed and acted
in the time frame was a plus that frankly I've seen too seldom over the
years for such an event.  Between that and the horses, etc, it made the
event.  The need for suspension of disbelief was at an alltime low.

The point is that if you go to a "theme" event, try to make an effort to
"fit" in.  If it's an Early Celtic Games, try and dress the part.  Also,
if someone is excited about the SCA, whether they're new or have been in a
while, we need to try and re-enforce that excitement and try to catch it
ourselves, not try to put it out.

As for the event, I was there and completely enjoyed myself despite the
fact that most of the instructors were English and Italian, but that's OK,
not everyone can be of the German persuasion. ;)

				Remember the Dream,

				Ansgar von Aachen