ANST - Some thoughts on PC and Politics

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Thu Nov 19 11:56:06 PST 1998

Robert_Smetek at veritasdgc.com wrote:

> I believe that Poul Anderson said it best in The Man-Kzin Wars that when
> Gresham's law prevails the bad drive out the good.

That would be Larry Niven, not Poul Anderson. Not that anyone cares.

It's really all a matter of opinion as to which is the bad and which is the
good. Those very friends that you value may be driving others out of the SCA,
that are someone else's good friends. I may be very successful at driving what
I consider to be "riff-raff" from my group. Those may be the very people that
others value most, and that make the SCA fun for them.

Also, life is change. It is the nature of things for people to find new
interests and pursue those instead of SCA, sometimes. People naturally move on.

Everyone plays the game their own way. The important thing for all of us is to
be tolerant.

Lord Guillaume
Mooneschadowe